Autumn is in full swing and as the colder weather sets in it’s important to protect your skin! Colder weather, artificial central heating and dryer air in Autumn can be harsh on your skin and may cause your it to become dull and dry.
When your skin becomes dry it can mean that your tanning results are slower and you may lose your glow quicker.
Here are our top 5 tips to look after your skin and optimise your tanning results this Autumn, to make sure your glowing all season long!
1. Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise! Cooler weather and artificial central heating can be harsh on your skin. Make sure to swap out your light-weight summer facial moisturiser for a richer, thicker moisturiser for Autumn.
2. Avoid super hot showers and baths – did you know hot showers and baths can be dehydrating for your skin as they strip the skin of its natural oils?
3. Remember to exfoliate regularly. Use a gentle exfoliator once or twice a week to keep dry and dull skin at bay.
4. Drink plenty of water – one of the best ways to keep your skin hydrated is to ensure you are drinking plenty of water.
5. Include Beta Carotene rich foods in your diet. Foods with red-orange pigment such as carrots, mangos and sweet potatoes are rich in Beta Carotene which can help to naturally boost your tanning results.